Janice “JJ” McLeanOwner / CrossFit Coach
Joye ElsburyGeneral Manager
Brandon LecocqCrossFit Coach
Janice “JJ” McLean
- Programs functional fitness training at NoVa Ninja/CrossFit Loudoun
- NBC’s American Ninja Warrior Course Tester
- Head Referee for the Capital Affiliate League
- Professional referee for the National Pro Grid League (NPGL)
- Director/Chief Referee of the Mid Atlantic Grid League (MAGL)
- CrossFit L1, CrossFit Olympic Lifting, CrossFit Powerlifting, CrossFit Kids, CrossFit Defense, CPR/AED certifications.
Janice McLean is a nationally qualified USAW weightlifter and CrossFit level II certified trainer. She also holds a certification in CrossFit Kids and is the founder of Burnt Boat Barbell Club. In addition to owning NoVa Ninja & CrossFit Loudoun, she works full-time as a catering and marketing manger.
- NBC’s American Ninja Warrior Season 8 & 9 Competitor
- CMT’s Broken Skull Challenge – 2016
- Competitive Obstacle Course Racing
- CrossFit Level 1 certified, CPR/AED certified, and a board certified Nurse Practitioner.
Casey Passafaro is a two-season veteran of NBC’s American Ninja Warrior. She has also competed on CMT’s Broken Skull Challenge. She holds her CrossFit Level 1 certification. In addition to owning NoVa Ninja & CrossFit Loudoun, she works full-time as an Oncology Nurse Practitioner.
As GM, she works with the Staff and Coaches to provide a welcoming experience to each Visitor and Member that enters the facility. Her goal is to get you or your child started on the path to Ninja/CrossFit success. She is the Team Manager of the Ninja Youth Competition Team for the 3rd consecutive Season, Coordinator of the Ninja Youth Spring Break/Summer Camps and Mom to Ninja Coach Clayton. She is also on her own fitness journey and completed her first Goliathon Competition in June.
- CF-L1 – 2016, CF-L2 – 2019
- U.S. Army Master Fitness Trainer – 2016
- Gym Jones Fitness Seminar (5 days) – 2010
- CrossFit Spot the Flaw Course – 2019
- CrossFit Lesson Planning Course – 2019
- Crossfit Scaling Course – 2019
- Olympic Lifting Seminar (1 day) – 2015
- CrossFit Open Judges Course – 2015-2018
Brandon Lecocq first joined the Army in 2007 where he also found CrossFit. CrossFit enabled him to endure the rigorous physical and mental aspects of being a U.S. Army Ranger. This is where it all began, but it certainly didn’t stop there. Throughout the years, he has enjoyed running and competing in several events to include half and full marathons, Triathlons, Urbanathlons, Obstacle Course Races, and endurance cycling.
During his tenure in the Army, he had the opportunity to become a Master Fitness Trainer (MFT) where he mentored, coached, and ensured the physical preparedness of Soldiers. He has devoted a lot of personal time to help others achieve their fitness goals. Don’t worry, bootcamp is not his style, but you can count on him to keep you in check.
He believes in the long game. In other words, longevity within the sport. Ensuring athletes have the proper tools, knowledge, and repetition to safely conduct all movements.